The 2 pds I was up earlier in the week have miraculously disappeared…so I am back to being down 7 pds. I know that’s not a huge amount of weight to lose but the fact of the matter is everyone has to start somewhere. My youngest calf weighed 7 pds when she was born so essentially I’ve lost a newborn. It seems like a lot more weight when I think of it in terms of losing a small human being.
My goal is to lose 3 more pounds by the end of March. Hooves crossed.
Again, I know it doesn’t seem like much but since I gained 2 pds earlier in the week for no apparent reason, it is not inevitable. I will have to work hard. I hate that.
I didn’t get a chance to post yesterday because my last post, Tearing Down the Wall, received such amazing comments that I spent my blogging time responding to those instead of writing my Fit to be Friday post. I am going to write a few posts based on those comments so I won’t bore you with that now. Suffice it to say, I am very fortunate to have such insightful people supporting my weightloss journey and I truly appreciate their comments.
Now, onto the weigh-in….Remarkably, despite my faking it last week, I managed to lose another pound. This is particularly impressive as we hosted a Superbowl Party with way too much food which meant way too many left overs. I am feeling a bit lucky and not so deserving as I am not quite sure how I managed to end up at a loss. I will say that Wed and Thurs were spent eating ONLY fruit, veggies and protein, I didn’t even have salad dressing. Obviously, my body responds to that and I am going to keep that up this coming week. I did veer off a bit yesterday and today I did try some homemade bread with real butter . But starting tomorrow I will be back on track. Part of setting my goal at only 1 pd a week is that I won’t have to be a dieting fiend 100% of the time and can have a piece of home made bread with real butter on occasion, which by the way was amazing.
This morning I took my dogs for a 2 mile walk. This is the longest I have walked since my knee surgery and it felt good to push myself. The knee surgery has made me afraid to push myself physically as anytime I do too much I end up with a swollen knee that I can’t walk on. Because I have been biking for a 1/2 hour 3 times a week, I felt strong enough to go on the a long walk. I felt awesome when I finished and the dogs were most appreciative as it seems that I am the only one in my family of 6 that is capable of walking them. I know the 6 pds didn’t make a difference in my ability to walk but I do think that regularly biking has helped a lot. I enjoy walking and am hopeful that this is the beginning of me being able to start walking for exercise again. Biking seems like such a chore and walking outside with my dogs is relaxing and enjoyable.
I have finished reading the next Lesson in A Course in Weightloss and am going to start drafting my letter to the Not So Thin Me today. I am a bit reticent because I just don’t know what to say besides F&@# YOU! That hardly seems healing though.
Anymoo, until next time…..
Viva La Bovine!
Today I am actually using yesterdays weigh-in results but am reporting a day late because life just got away from me yesterday. The bad news is…..the damn scale didn’t move. The good news is……the damn scale didn’t move UP! I stayed the same. Moo!
Can I identify why there wasn’t movement down this week? Yup. My youngest calf turned 7 yesterday and I made some bad choices when I was baking her amazingly delicious and homemade cinnamon bun birthday cake. Can you make homemade cream cheese icing and not taste it? A lot? You certainly know my answer. There was also the problem of making time for my daily stationary bike ride. Things like icing tasting got in the way. Lastly, I didn’t drink enough water. All things I am going to work hard to remedy this week.
I have added some fruit and yogurt to my low carb intake. This is probably slowing things down a bit too but it has improved my bowel situation dramatically. That being the case continuing with 1 low-fat yogurt and 2 pieces of fruit a day seems wise. I just can’t stomach the alternative….pun intended.
Even though I did not lose weight this week, I have still met my goal of a pound a week, as January has already seen a 4 pd lose. The plan is to just keep on keeping on. If I can average that 1 pd a week goal for the rest of the year, I will be down 52 pounds by next Jan.
Viva la Bovine!
I have lost a few more pounds and can’t believe it. There was no movement on the scale and then all of the sudden 3 pds in just as many days. Yahoo! Imagine a cow doing the happy dance…that was me this morning.
Technically, I shouldn’t be weighing in until Fit to be Friday. I certainly shouldn’t have updated MyFitnessPal. But I in my shock and excitement, I just had to update. I really, really, really wanted to see a number besides 0 on the MyFitnessPal widget I have on my site.
Yes, I am aware that I shouldn’t weight myself daily but I am a bit of a scale addict. (Snicker here…calling myself a bit of a scale addict is like saying Elvis Presley had a bit of a drug problem). I weigh myself in the morning when I get up and I weigh myself at night before I go to bed. Honestly, I am scale obsessed. My days are dictated by what the scale says in the morning. If the scale goes up, my day will suck. If the scale goes down (or stays the same) I can have a good or decent day.
I know it is not healthy. I know it is not normal. Honestly, I repeatedly refer to myself as a bovine, did you think I was healthy or normal?
This scale obsession has to stop but today is not the day for me to start working on it. I am trying to change too much right now and taking away the scale may put me straight over the edge. For the next while my focus is on water, exercise and staying away from those pesky carbs. I have however put the scale monster on my list of things I need to conquer in the second half of 2013.
Viva La Bovine! Moo!
I did something today, I don’t usually do. I spent a lot of money on myself. Sears was having this crazy sale on jewelry; 75% off. All kinds of cute hoop earrings, big bejeweled bracelets and those giant rings with the stretchy bands that all the 15 year olds are wearing and I have wanted forever but am too cheap to buy. I bought it all. If I liked it, I threw it in my cart. It was sort of like binge eating only I was binge buying…much better for my thighs but not so much for my bank account.
I had a ridiculously bad morning consisting of a blown out tire, missed dentist appointment, and a day off work as I spent the afternoon shopping at Sears while I was waiting for my car to be repaired at their Auto Center…(no, this is not a sponsored post for Sears.) Had I been this frazzled and stressed at home, I would have eaten….whatever I could find. Instead, I shopped…for me…whatever I could find.
Of course I did not buy clothes, didn’t even look at clothes because I don’t like how I look right now. So I went to the jewelery, which worked out well because they were having such a big sale.
When I got home and went through everything, I felt guilty…until I didn’t because I made a plan. I am not going back to Sears to return everything. I am going to use my new beautiful purchases as a reward system for myself. For every week I meet all of my weekly goals, even food tracking, for 5 days of the week or more, I am going to get to pick something out of my new stash. Every 5 pounds, I will get to revisit the stash.
This is going to be my new rewards system. Sort of like the sticker chart I have hanging in the kitchen for the calves (that they all ignore)….and I think I will meet all of those goals soon…I really, really want that giant ring!
Today is my first Fit to be Friday. I have created Fit to be Friday as the one day each week I am going to track how well I’ve done with my Baby Step Goals. Here is how I did:
1. Drink 64 ounces of water a day – Success! I have imbibed at least 8 glasses of water a day! Yay Me!
2. Drink my fiber wight loss drink before each meal – Fail! But that is not 100% my fault as I ran out and had to wait for more to come via mail. So I am back on track since they arrived last night and I will do a better job of making sure I have enough on hand in the future.
3. Take a multi-vitamin daily – Mostly A Success! I missed two days and am going to get up right now and take one while I am thinking about it.
4. Walk my dogs at least 1 mile 6 days a week – Success! and my dogs are such happy little beasts and slightly better behaved.
5. Attend a water workout class 1 day a week – Fail! I managed to talk myself out of going twice this last week. I am great at coming up with lame excuses. The truth is I just dread this. I know I need to do it, I am just a baby and don’t want to. Next week I am just have to shut up and do it. It is like a pap smear. Not pleasant but a girls got to do what a girls got to do.
6. 25 minute weight workout 3 days a week – Fail! The calves return to swim team on Tuesday and I will be stuck at the Y anyway so I am very optimistic this goal will be met next week. Heck, I have nothing else to do so I might as well do something healthy.
7. Avoid white flour foods at least 50% of the time – I am really not sure. I think I avoided white flour but I did a piss pour job tracking my food this week.
8. Avoid sugary foods at least 50% of the time – Success! I think I avoided all sugar except for yesterday when I had quite a but of peppermint bark when a fellow bovine came over with a bunch in tow. It was too hard to say no.
9. Focus on eating fruits, vegs and lean proteins – -I am really not sure, again I had a tracking fail. I think I am going to morph 7-9 into one goal which is track my food at least 5 days a week. That seems to be a better approach.
10. Weigh in at Weight Watchers every Friday – Success! Well, I weighed in. The scale was not happy to see me and punished me by displaying a 6.2 gain. Alas…. I am proud of myself for going even though the scale was unkind and the good news about this weight gain is that I am sure to show a loss next week. Right?
Okay so it looks like I was successful (or mostly successful) 50% of the time. Not great but not too tragic. I am going to set the bar higher for next week and try to get to 75% success rate. Hey, my farm wasn’t built in a day….
On an entirely different note, I am taking part this week in the Finding New Friends Weekend Blog Hop hosted by Shelly from My Saving Game, Sam from Have Sippy Will Travel and Jeannette from The Adventures of J-Man and MillerBug! If you are participating in the blog hop thank you for linking up, please leave me a comment and I promise to follow you back…hooves crossed. If you’d like to know more about it here check out The Adventures of J-Man and MillerBug.
M O O,
My Inner Bovine