If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links at All The Weigh too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Pondering Personal Thoughts
1. How old would you feel if you didn’t know how old you are? Depends on the day, sometimes with an aching back and sore knee I feel like I’m a hundred years old. Other times, I’ll be rocking out with my teenage calves and their friends (embarrassing my poor calves to no end) and I feel like a teenager.
2. Are you the kind of friend you’d want to have as a friend? Yes for the most part. I am excruciatingly loyal, funny and supportive BUT I can also be needy which would annoy the crap out of me if I was my friend.
3. Look back at the last year. When did you feel most excited about something in your life? I dyed my hair super dark which was a complete change for me as I usually add blonde highlights (lots of them, I live in the south) to my reddish-brown hair. Now my hair is a deep, deep brown (almost black) with a few chunks of blonde and I have to say, it looks awesome…and I never like how I look but I LOVE this hair.
4. Have you ever been with someone and not spoken a word, only to walk away thinking that was the best conversation ever? I talk a lot so I can’t remember one of those…the silence would probably send me straight over the edge.
5. If you won 100 million dollars Monday, would you continue doing whatever you usually do on Tuesdays? Nope. I’d kiss my job goodbye, grab up the calves and Bull and take a cruise around the world.
6. What would you do differently if you knew no one would judge you? I’d dress more hip. I tend to stick to basic ts and jeans because I’m overweight and over 40 and don’t like how I look in trendy clothes…but I do love trendy clothes…so if I wasn’t worried that folks would say…”What, does that fat Bovine think she’s a calf”…(and if I won the 100 million dollars) I’d be way more stylish.
7. Share something you do differently than most people. I home school my 2 teenage calves. Many people think I’m nuts. I work too and homeschooling is hard but my oldest really need to get out from under the social pressures of high school and then the other one then just wanted to. It has actually been an amazing experience and I am so glad I have this time with them.
8. What’s one thing that you really want to do that you’ve never done? Live in an organized clean house…
9. If you had to move out of state right now, where would you move? Anywhere where I could live on a house (that was organized and clean) on the beach.
10. What is the one thing that you’d like to change most about the world? I wish there was less pain….people living in poverty, abusing each other, killing each other in wars, dying of horrible diseases, kids being bullied, kids without families, loneliness. It’s all so sad and it just shouldn’t be that way.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to go to All the Weigh and link up in the comments! Have a happy Monday, friends!
I have done a terrible job posting lately. Since I received my news from the doctor, had my tantrum, and then epiphany, I have actually been doing fairly well as far as eating goes. I have not lost much weight but I have been avoiding white flours, sugars and anything processed. I have been eating more chicken then any Bovine should lawfully consume (the Chik-Fil-A cows would most definitely approve) and lots of fruits and veggies and my new favorite treat cottage cheese mixed with vanilla Greek yogurt and almonds.
I feel like I should be melting away and am a little frustrated that I am not. Physically, I am feeling good so that is a plus. I am going to give myself another week of just focusing on healthy whole food choices before I start shifting the focus to exercise and portion control. Rome was not built in a day….and neither will My Inner Bunny 🙂
Now onto the point of this post. As usual, I am late but yesterday was Friends Making Monday and I just love to participate so here I go…..
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has an opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Questions and Answers
1. Did you watch the Oscars? If so, who did you enjoy seeing most? Nope, I just can’t get into any awards shows. Thank goodness for Yahoo though because I love to see the outfits.
2. Do you drink meal replacement shakes, smoothies, etc? If so, what’s your favorite kind? I went on a SlimFast kick for a while. I would add bananas and berries. It was delicious and I would have it for breakfast. BUT it is full of salt and carbs so no longer on my list of green light foods….Moo!
3. Share one thing you have done to help someone in the last week? I delivered 4 bags of groceries to our local food co-0p…all items I purchased for close to free using coupons. I try to gather free or super cheap items each time I shop and collect them until I have enough to deliver.
4. What is the tastiest thing you ate last week? My new favorite treat – cottage cheese/vanilla greek yogurt/ and almonds…the closest thing to cheesecake I am going to get for the foreseeable future.
5. Think of one fun thing that you could do this week without spending any money to do it. We have a themed movie night a few times a month. This week we are going to watch Bend It Like Beckham and eat Indian food.
6. Share one place that you’ve been to and would like to visit again. The Beach….sort of ironic since I look like a beached whale in a swimsuit but I LOVE THE BEACH!!!!
7. Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter? Twitter – it is too easy to waste too much time on FB!
8. What is your favorite vegetable? Brussel Sprouts….roasted with a touch of olive oil, sea salt and parmesan cheese.
9. Share a goal that you have for the month of March. My goal for March is to make my new low GI diet a habit. I need to get to a point where I just reach for the right foods without thinking about it. Once I get to that point, I am going to up my work-outs and reduce my portion sizes. I am optimistic that I can lose 10 pds from now to the end of March…hooves crossed.
10. Share a quote that inspires you. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” Lao Tzu
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget go to www.alltheweigh.com to come back and link up in the comments! Happy Monday, dear ones!!!!!!!!!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. Share one thing that you plan to do for yourself in 2013. I am going to prioritize my health and fitness this year…finally
2. Share a good habit that you will continue doing into the new year. Can’t think of one…oooppsss!!!
3. Do you make new year’s make resolutions? If so, do you typically stick to them? Nope, cuz I never stick to them
4. Do you have any health goals for the new year? Yes, I have made 4 small baby step goals that I want to stick to this year. I am going to post them tomorrow.
5. Share one thing that you plan to do in January. Clean out the garage. Moo.
6. Do you have any travel plans for the coming year? If so, where are you most excited to go? Nope, we rarely get off the farm.
7. What are your plans for New Year’s Eve? Going to a friends house but will be home early. The little calves need to go to bed early, otherwise they get really crabby. We will probably “ring” in the new year about 9pm.
8. What are your resolutions for 2013? See #3.
9. What are you looking forward to most over the next 12 months? Getting my mind,body and house in order.
10. Share something unique that you hope to do in 2013. Unique for me…would be to actually lose weight this year instead of mooing about it.
Here’s to a fit and lean Twenty Thirteen! Happy New Year!!!!!!!
I am excited to be taking part in my second FMM. Here is how Kenlie of All The Weigh explains it. “If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!”
So here are my answers to the Getting To Know You Friend Makin’ Monday:
1) What is one of your favorite ways to spend a Saturday? Doing all the projects that I never get a chance to get done in the week. Of course since I am usually trucking the Calves all over town for some thing or another I rarely get to do what I’d like to on a Saturday. An ideal Saturday would be spent by myself in the house organizing the garage or painting a piece of furniture.
2) List your top three favorite TV shows. Leverage, The Big Bang Theory & Modern Family
3) Would you rather be in pictures or take them? I love to take pictures, I hate to be in them. I like to live in denial and pretend I still look like I did 16 years ago when I got married. Pictures tend to prove me wrong.
4) Why do you blog? My blog is a place for me to vent, complain, hold myself accountable and be completely honest. I say things on my blog even my best friends don’t know. I am not just hiding the number on the scale. Many of the thoughts and feelings I share on my blog I would never share with my friends…too personal….funny how I can share them with strangers though huh?
5) Share five websites that you visit regularly…
~ weightwatchers.com to track…although I don’t track as much as I should
~ Facebook – I am a bit of a FB junkie
~ Craigslist because I can’t resist a good bargain.
~ Etsy because I love handmade crafts.
6) If you could have lunch with one person from your Twitter list who would it be? It would be tough for me to chose between Kenlie @alltheweigh and Jason @FMFBlogger. They are both so inspiring and motivating and most of the time I need both inspiration and motivation.
7) List a few of your favorite snacks. On Weight Watchers or off? On WW it is definitely light popcorn and Special K crackers. Off WW, I’m going with almond M&Ms.
8 ) Do you have a pet? If so, what kind? Do I have a pet???? If I don’t count the Calves I have 7 pets – 3 dogs, 2 cats, a lizard and a fish. Although the lizard and the fish I have absolutely nothing to do with. They are the Bull and Calves’ domain.
9) Which three material possessions would you struggle to live without? My cell phone, lap top and sadly my minivan
10) What’s your favorite drink? Crystal Light Lemon Iced Tea
11) Do you enjoy cooking? I love cooking, I also love tasting which is part of how I got to my current Bovine state.
12) Do you have children? 4 lovely calves ages 6, 8, 11, 13 whose mission it is to drive me completely batty (BTW it’s working)
13) What are your favorite hobbies? Blogging, painting, organzing, complaining, and nagging the calves.
14) Would you consider yourself to be shy or outgoing?Most people would say that I am outgoing but I am actually more anxious in new social situations than I let on.
15) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change? I’d like to be more accepting of myself. I am such a harsh critic and my internal voice is always telling me how I could be better. I think I would be so much healthier both physically and mentally if I could just turn that inner voice off and accept myself as I am. (I’d still need to lose weight but I bet it would be easier if I was nicer to myself…less emotional eating maybe?)
16) Who is your favorite actor/actress? I have recently discovered The Big Bang Theory and I have to say I love all of the actors/actresses on that show. They are all so funny and entertaining. My very favorite is Jim Parsons, who plays Sheldon. His delivery is just hilarious.
17) What’s the coolest thing you’ve done this week? I tried out a Water Aerobics class that I have been avoiding like the plague and I really liked it.
18) Do you live near your family or far from them? I live far from my extended family because of the Bull’s job but my little family is large and I have wonderful friends nearby.
19) List three of your talents. I am good at painting, embroidery and all things crafty.
20) What is your greatest attribute? My sense of humor
Now it’s your turn to share your answers. Don’t forget to go back to Kenlie’s blog at www.alltheweigh.com and link up in the comments! Happy Monday! I am looking forward to learning more about you!
M O O,
My Inner Bovine