Friend Makin’ Mondays: Getting To Know YouPosted: January 9, 2012
I am excited to be taking part in my second FMM. Here is how Kenlie of All The Weigh explains it. “If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!”
So here are my answers to the Getting To Know You Friend Makin’ Monday:
1) What is one of your favorite ways to spend a Saturday? Doing all the projects that I never get a chance to get done in the week. Of course since I am usually trucking the Calves all over town for some thing or another I rarely get to do what I’d like to on a Saturday. An ideal Saturday would be spent by myself in the house organizing the garage or painting a piece of furniture.
2) List your top three favorite TV shows. Leverage, The Big Bang Theory & Modern Family
3) Would you rather be in pictures or take them? I love to take pictures, I hate to be in them. I like to live in denial and pretend I still look like I did 16 years ago when I got married. Pictures tend to prove me wrong.
4) Why do you blog? My blog is a place for me to vent, complain, hold myself accountable and be completely honest. I say things on my blog even my best friends don’t know. I am not just hiding the number on the scale. Many of the thoughts and feelings I share on my blog I would never share with my friends…too personal….funny how I can share them with strangers though huh?
5) Share five websites that you visit regularly…
~ weightwatchers.com to track…although I don’t track as much as I should
~ Facebook – I am a bit of a FB junkie
~ Craigslist because I can’t resist a good bargain.
~ Etsy because I love handmade crafts.
6) If you could have lunch with one person from your Twitter list who would it be? It would be tough for me to chose between Kenlie @alltheweigh and Jason @FMFBlogger. They are both so inspiring and motivating and most of the time I need both inspiration and motivation.
7) List a few of your favorite snacks. On Weight Watchers or off? On WW it is definitely light popcorn and Special K crackers. Off WW, I’m going with almond M&Ms.
8 ) Do you have a pet? If so, what kind? Do I have a pet???? If I don’t count the Calves I have 7 pets – 3 dogs, 2 cats, a lizard and a fish. Although the lizard and the fish I have absolutely nothing to do with. They are the Bull and Calves’ domain.
9) Which three material possessions would you struggle to live without? My cell phone, lap top and sadly my minivan
10) What’s your favorite drink? Crystal Light Lemon Iced Tea
11) Do you enjoy cooking? I love cooking, I also love tasting which is part of how I got to my current Bovine state.
12) Do you have children? 4 lovely calves ages 6, 8, 11, 13 whose mission it is to drive me completely batty (BTW it’s working)
13) What are your favorite hobbies? Blogging, painting, organzing, complaining, and nagging the calves.
14) Would you consider yourself to be shy or outgoing?Most people would say that I am outgoing but I am actually more anxious in new social situations than I let on.
15) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change? I’d like to be more accepting of myself. I am such a harsh critic and my internal voice is always telling me how I could be better. I think I would be so much healthier both physically and mentally if I could just turn that inner voice off and accept myself as I am. (I’d still need to lose weight but I bet it would be easier if I was nicer to myself…less emotional eating maybe?)
16) Who is your favorite actor/actress? I have recently discovered The Big Bang Theory and I have to say I love all of the actors/actresses on that show. They are all so funny and entertaining. My very favorite is Jim Parsons, who plays Sheldon. His delivery is just hilarious.
17) What’s the coolest thing you’ve done this week? I tried out a Water Aerobics class that I have been avoiding like the plague and I really liked it.
18) Do you live near your family or far from them? I live far from my extended family because of the Bull’s job but my little family is large and I have wonderful friends nearby.
19) List three of your talents. I am good at painting, embroidery and all things crafty.
20) What is your greatest attribute? My sense of humor
Now it’s your turn to share your answers. Don’t forget to go back to Kenlie’s blog at www.alltheweigh.com and link up in the comments! Happy Monday! I am looking forward to learning more about you!
M O O,
My Inner Bovine