Fit to be Friday…..Posted: January 6, 2012
Today is my first Fit to be Friday. I have created Fit to be Friday as the one day each week I am going to track how well I’ve done with my Baby Step Goals. Here is how I did:
1. Drink 64 ounces of water a day – Success! I have imbibed at least 8 glasses of water a day! Yay Me!
2. Drink my fiber wight loss drink before each meal – Fail! But that is not 100% my fault as I ran out and had to wait for more to come via mail. So I am back on track since they arrived last night and I will do a better job of making sure I have enough on hand in the future.
3. Take a multi-vitamin daily – Mostly A Success! I missed two days and am going to get up right now and take one while I am thinking about it.
4. Walk my dogs at least 1 mile 6 days a week – Success! and my dogs are such happy little beasts and slightly better behaved.
5. Attend a water workout class 1 day a week – Fail! I managed to talk myself out of going twice this last week. I am great at coming up with lame excuses. The truth is I just dread this. I know I need to do it, I am just a baby and don’t want to. Next week I am just have to shut up and do it. It is like a pap smear. Not pleasant but a girls got to do what a girls got to do.
6. 25 minute weight workout 3 days a week – Fail! The calves return to swim team on Tuesday and I will be stuck at the Y anyway so I am very optimistic this goal will be met next week. Heck, I have nothing else to do so I might as well do something healthy.
7. Avoid white flour foods at least 50% of the time – I am really not sure. I think I avoided white flour but I did a piss pour job tracking my food this week.
8. Avoid sugary foods at least 50% of the time – Success! I think I avoided all sugar except for yesterday when I had quite a but of peppermint bark when a fellow bovine came over with a bunch in tow. It was too hard to say no.
9. Focus on eating fruits, vegs and lean proteins – -I am really not sure, again I had a tracking fail. I think I am going to morph 7-9 into one goal which is track my food at least 5 days a week. That seems to be a better approach.
10. Weigh in at Weight Watchers every Friday – Success! Well, I weighed in. The scale was not happy to see me and punished me by displaying a 6.2 gain. Alas…. I am proud of myself for going even though the scale was unkind and the good news about this weight gain is that I am sure to show a loss next week. Right?
Okay so it looks like I was successful (or mostly successful) 50% of the time. Not great but not too tragic. I am going to set the bar higher for next week and try to get to 75% success rate. Hey, my farm wasn’t built in a day….
On an entirely different note, I am taking part this week in the Finding New Friends Weekend Blog Hop hosted by Shelly from My Saving Game, Sam from Have Sippy Will Travel and Jeannette from The Adventures of J-Man and MillerBug! If you are participating in the blog hop thank you for linking up, please leave me a comment and I promise to follow you back…hooves crossed. If you’d like to know more about it here check out The Adventures of J-Man and MillerBug.
M O O,
My Inner Bovine